**Our Cinnamon Spice Protein Cake Mix is currently out of stock. We are making more for our Black Friday event. Sign up with us to be notified!
The easiest carrot cake recipe, with all of the flavor and none of the added sugar!
These instructions make the layer cake shown.
What you get with this purchase:
What else you need:
Some are affiliate links to Amazon
Two 90g pouches unsweetened applesauce (or 3/4 cup) to prepare the cake mixes
- 1 tablespoon canola or other cooking oil to add to batter for moisture - this is the "Rich and indulgent" option on the cake package (optional, but recommended)
- 2/3 cup grated raw carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon milk (vegan or dairy, any kind) for the frosting
- 1/3 of an 8oz bar of Neufchâtel cheese (1/3 less fat than cream cheese) *at room temperature*
- 1/3 stick butter *at room temperature*
- 2 silicone cake pans
- an offset spatula to spread the frosting
natural sprinkles (optional, of course!)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325F and prepare the cake batter as directed on the package, including the oil.
- Fold in grated carrots and walnuts.
- Separate batter into two cake pans.
- Bake at 325F (163C) for 16-18 minutes, or just until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake!
- While the cakes are cooling, begin preparing the frosting by mixing the frosting packet with one tablespoon milk. Let sit for 5 minutes to fully hydrate.
- Mix icing with Neufchâtel cheese and butter. If the frosting is too sweet for your taste, and a little more butter and Neufchâtel.
- Place one cake on cake plate and top with 1/2 of the frosting. Use the offset spatula to spread the frosting evenly. Top with second cake and remaining frosting.
- Garnish with carrot shreds and natural sprinkles, if desired, and enjoy!
Find more recipe ideas here: Recipe Ideas
See our Shipping page for current processing times while we are moving from NY to California. U.S. orders $75+ ship free!