Delicious chocolate covered mini donuts with added protein and no added sugar! Super-soft cake texture in the donut, thanks to our Protein Cake Mix.
What you get with this purchase:
What else you need:
These are affiliate links to Amazon
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Prepare cake mix as instructed on package (by adding applesauce and water, and mixing well).
- Pour batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag.
- Pipe into silicone mini-donut pan. (See this video for more info on piping from a ziplock bag.)
- Bake for 12 minutes or just until cooked through. Be careful not to overbake, as overbaked protein cake will be dry.
- Let donuts cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Add sweeteners, and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Once cool, remove donuts from pan and set on parchment.
- Using a dipping fork (or a regular fork), dip each donut into the chocolate coating. Let the excess chocolate drip off before placing the donut on the parchment.
- Once all are dipped, place sheet in the refrigerator to set.
- If you have any extra chocolate, wait until the first layer is set, then dip again.
- Let set for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator, and enjoy!
See our Shipping page for current processing times while we are moving from NY to California. U.S. orders $75+ ship free!