An old favorite: Icebox Cake! Now sugar-free and with added protein. And as always, nothing artificial. Life is good!
What you need (some are Amazon affiliate links):
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Prepare the cookies as directed on the package (with butter or nut butter).
- If using nut butter, you may need to refrigerate the dough 20-30 mins to let it firm up before you can roll it.
- Roll the cookie dough between sheets of parchment to approximately 1/8" thick. Use the cookie cutter to make circles, and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. One packet of cooke mix should make about 16 cookies.
- Bake at 325F for about 4 minutes.
- While cookies cool, begin to prepare the frosting by mixing 1/2 cup heavy cream with frosting mix.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes to make sure the frosting mix has dissolved.
- Beat the cream just until stiff peaks are formed (this happens quickly with an electric or stand mixer).
- Layer cookies and whipped cream in a meal prep container as one cake or as individual portions.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Dust with dark cocoa (if desired), and enjoy!
Icebox cake is traditionally made with crisp chocolate wafer cookies. In this recipe, dairy butter, shortening, or non-dairy butter replacer will make crisper cookies than nut butter. But since the cookies will soften with the whipped cream anyway, using nut butter should also make a great icebox cake!
Used in this recipe:
Find more recipe ideas here: Recipe Ideas
Find our entire collection of mixes here: Shop All
Pin it for later: