Strawberry Shortcake with added protein and no added sugar. The perfect balance of flavors and textures, and you won't miss the sugar at all!
What you need:
How to make it:
- Bake the cake as directed on the package. Use our silicone cake pan or something similarly sized to get a shallow cake.
- While the cake is cooling, stir together heavy cream and frosting mix until mix is dissolved. Let it sit up to 5 minutes to be sure it is fully dissolved.
- Beat the cream just until stiff peaks are formed (this happens quickly with an electric or stand mixer).
- Set up piping bag or ziplock with the piping tip, and fill with frosting. Use the straight edge of a bowl scraper to push the frosting down the bag. Set aside.
- Once the cake is cool, remove from the pan and cut 6 circles using a 2" cutter. You may want to wipe off the cutter between uses for cleaner cuts.
- Layer the cake, strawberries, and whipped cream, and enjoy!
Used in this recipe:
Find more recipe ideas here: Recipe Ideas
Find our entire collection of mixes here: Shop All