Delicious chocolate covered mini donuts with added protein and no added sugar! Super-soft cake texture in the donut, thanks to our Protein Cake Mix.
Just 53 calories per delicious little donut! 3g protein, 4g carbs (2g net carbs), and 4g fat. (WW 2sp each mini donut.)
What you need:
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Prepare cake mix as instructed on package (by adding applesauce and water, and mixing well).
- Pour batter into a piping bag or ziplock bag.
- Pipe into silicone mini-donut pan. (See this video for more info on piping from a ziplock bag.)
- Bake for 12 minutes or just until cooked through. Be careful not to overbake, as overbaked protein cake will be dry.
- Let donuts cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and coconut oil.
- Add sweeteners, and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Once cool, remove donuts from pan and set on parchment.
- Using a dipping fork (or a regular fork), dip each donut into the chocolate coating. Let the excess chocolate drip off before placing the donut on the parchment.
- Once all are dipped, place sheet in the refrigerator to set.
- If you have any extra chocolate, wait until the first layer is set, then dip again.
- Let set for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator, and enjoy!
Used in this recipe:
Find more recipe ideas here: Recipe Ideas
Find our entire collection of mixes here: Shop All
Pin this recipe for later: