A naturally healthy twist on a Halloween classic! These Candy Corn Protein Cupcakes are full of protein and flavor, with no added sugar or artificial colors!
These instructions make 8 cupcakes.
What you need:
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325F and set up 8 cupcake liners.
- Prepare the Lemon Protein Cake Mix with applesauce as instructed on the package. Spoon into the 8 cupcake liners as the bottom layer of the cupcake.
- Prepare the Vanilla Protein Cake Mix by adding 90g pumpkin and 3 tablespoons carrot juice. To keep the layers horizontal, pipe the batter into the cupcake liners around the edges first (see video), on top of the lemon batter.
- Bake at 325F for 15 minutes and check to see if the cupcakes are done. Remove them from the oven as soon as a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (Don't overbake!)
- Once cupcakes are cool, stir together heavy cream and Vanilla Sugar-Free Frosting Mix until mix is dissolved. Let it sit up to 5 minutes to be sure it is fully dissolved.
- Beat the cream just until stiff peaks are formed (this happens quickly with an electric or stand mixer).
- Set up a piping bag or ziplock with the piping tip, and fill with frosting. Use the straight edge of a bowl scraper to push the frosting down the bag as needed, and frost the cupcakes.
- Top natural sprinkles, if desired, and enjoy!
Used in this recipe:
Find more recipe ideas here: Recipe Ideas
Find our entire collection of mixes here: Shop All