Pretty in purple, and delicious! These all-natural cupcakes are made with purple yams and our Vanilla Protein Cake Mix.
Makes 4 cupcakes.
What you need:
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Prepare the cake batter by mashing the cooked yam with 1/4 cup water, then adding cake mix. Mix well.
- Spoon batter into 4 silicone cupcake liners.
- Bake as directed on package, at 325 for about 15 minutes (ours baked for less time than when using applesauce, so keep an eye!).
- While cupcakes cool, prepare the icing by adding 1 tablespoon almond milk to frosting mix. Let sit for 5 minutes to fully hydrate.
- Add palm shortening and whisk or use an electric mixer to make it nice and fluffy.
- Pipe or spread the frosting on the cupcakes, and enjoy!
- They can stay out for several hours, but for longer storage we suggest refrigerating or freezing the cupcakes.
Used in this recipe:
Find more recipe ideas here: Recipe Ideas
Find our entire collection of mixes here: Shop All