When you want a fresh take on ginger spice cookies, add a delicious burst of citrus! Orange zest is all you need to add to our Gingerbread Protein Cookie Mix. Easy, quick, and delicious!
What you need:
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
- Prepare cookie dough as directed on package.
- Zest about 1/2 orange into the cookie dough and mix well.
- Separate cookie dough into 12 pieces. Roll each and flatten in your hand.
- Bake as directed on package, at 325 for about 5 minutes.
- While cookies cool, prepare the icing by adding 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice to frosting mix. Let sit for 5 minutes to fully hydrate.
- Add some orange zest to icing (zest of about 1/4 orange). Mix well.
- Pipe or drizzle the icing on the cookies, and enjoy!
- To keep cookies soft, cover and store refrigerated. For crisp cookies, leave them to air dry for several hours.
Used in this recipe:
Find more recipe ideas here: Recipe Ideas
Find our entire collection of mixes here: Shop All
Pin this recipe for later: